Friday 2 August 2013

Purederm Exfoliating Foot Mask

 We've all been there.. maybe from wearing heels far too much, stubborn shoes, eczema and other medical conditions or maybe just for no reason at all! At some stage or another we've all experienced dead skin or calluses on our feet! And if you haven't, you're either lying or you're very lucky! As gross and disgusting as it is, you can't ignore it no matter how much you want to!

The skin on our feet is naturally dry, unlike the skin on the rest of the body. The skin on our feet has no oil glands, so it relies on hundreds of thousands of sweat glands to keep our feet moisturised! Many of us ignore this and don't moisturise our feet enough! Lets face it, no one likes feet and its easier just to ignore them!

I myself suffer from it, due to me walking on my tippy toes (yes, tippy toes) from a young age! I've tried Ped Egg and other such things but nothing ever seemed to work! That's until I came across Purederm Exfoliating Foot Mask at the counter in Pennys one day. It immediately drew my attention when I seen it and when I seen the price tag of €3.99 I knew there was no going back! I didn't have much high hopes for the product, but I was pleasantly surprised!



The claim on the packaging is that ''It removes all calluses over time, visibly smoothing your feet within two weeks.'' It also says that it contains Papaya, Lemon, Apple, Orange and other natural botanical extracts including Chamomile Extract. Swanky ay?

The product itself is basically to plastic sock-type masks that contain a liquid. The liquid to me smells a bit like a cleaning product, but it;s nothing strong, so that wasn't an issue for me. You simply cut open the little socks and slip your feet in. It feels strange at first, you basically have your feet in bags of cold liquid, but after a few minutes it feels normal and kind of relaxing. It says to leave them on for 60-90 minutes, and I'd recommend not trying to walk around while they're on! I had the unfortunate experience of slipping on my tiled kitchen floor.. not nice!
After the time is up, you just slip the socks off, throw them in the bin and rinse off your feet. Now i expected to see results immediately, despite it saying on the packaging saying it takes up to 5 days to see a result! But me being the impatient person I am wanted them to work right there and then!

Okay, so after a few days it begins to get disgustingly enjoyable! I noticed after a shower one day that the skin on my feet was peeling off. It didn't hurt at all, i couldn't even feel it! It was pretty sick I will admit, but the enjoyment of having nice smooth feet afterwards made up for it! After a few days of the peeling, it was so noticeable how softer and smoother my feet were! I was amazed! If you have severe dry skin, do a couple of these and I swear you will never look back!

 
 

Pros
  • Extremely inexpensive.
  • Easy to do, no work required.
  • No pain.
  • Does exactly what it says it does!
Cons
  • It takes about a week to two weeks to completely work.
  • Those socks can be dangerous and slippy!
All in all, I absolutely love this product! Completely worth the small price of €4. For once my impulse buying really did pay off! If you haven't tried these yet then you're missing out and need to go and get some!!

Thanks for reading!
Stacey xo

Purederm Exfoliating Foot Mask ( €3.99, Pharmacy store Ireland )

2 comments:

  1. I wanna try these so bad, my feet are in some state!

    www.beautyangel.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definetly try them! I'm so glad I did. My feet never looked better haha!

      Delete