Wednesday 17 July 2013

Beauty bargain - Benefit High Beam

You know when you have those days when you're just browsing around the shop,you spot something that's incredibly cheap, looks promising and you just HAVE to get it? Well that's what happened to me with this product!

I was walking around Dealz last week looking for party decorations and this Chit Chat highlighter caught my eye. Mainly just because of its almost identical packaging to that of Benefits High Beam. I had no idea what to expect from it and I obviously couldn't test it in the shop but because of the admirable price tag of €1.49 (just like everything else in that shop) I couldn't not buy it, could I?

 
I used to own High Beam, but it was only the mini size that I got in Glamour magazine a loooong time ago and I used it all! I did really like it though and it was mainly the price tag that put me off purchasing the full size!
 
I would say that the consistency of the Chit Chat highlighter is a little thicker and gloppier than the Benefit, which means you need less of this product as you do of high beam. The packaging is almost identical, with just the writing being different.
 



It does give a really nice glow on the face, just like the Benefit dupe, so alike that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in my opinion. I like using it on my cheek bones and a small bit down my nose and it looks really nice. I also mixed a small bit in with my foundation and I loved the look it gave!

All in all, I think I'll continue using this as I don't find much of a difference in these two products, except for the staggering price tag! If you're thinking about getting the Benefit one, I'd totally recommend that you try this one first. It's just as good!

Benefit High Beam €25.85
Chit Chat Highlighter €1.49, available in Dealz outlets across Ireland



 

7 comments:

  1. That's such a good buy! I have the Benefit high beam and love it, it lasts for aaaages too..

    I came across your blog from your guest post on OhhSoGlam and LOVED your nail designs :) amazing!

    New follower :)
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thank you so much, I appreciate it! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a dupe! Good find!

    www.beautyangel.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I love finding a bargain! xx

      Delete
  3. Haven't been into Dealz yet but I'll definitely be popping in after reading this :)

    http://rubyduchess.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it and what you think!:) xx

      Delete
  4. Always wondered about these dupes but always been a bit hesistant about them.

    I am however definitley going to give them a try now. Thanks


    ww.stonesgotstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete